• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PreCooling .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MmCheeto

Ok. I read threw mysterfix thred on 2 MCP350's vs. 1 MCP655 and got side tracked on a question. I know this was talked about some here on cathors talks. but I guess Im still a little confused. On a system with an MCP 655 , CPU block , GPU block , Res , and 2x 120mm Rad wouldnt it benifit to have a small 120mm Rad added to the circut? If you have the water going to the Single 120mm Rad after it leaves the pump and before it reached the GPU block , CPU block then the larger rad then the rez have a better effect then not precooling? Now I know this will add some restriction to the line but on a 1/2 ID rig would it restrict so much that it wouldnt be worth it?

Anyone care to enlighten me a little lol :bang head

thanks a ton

No not worth it. It wont cool enough to make any benefit. Now 2 2x 120 rads would be of benefit, but as to how much really depends on your heatload.

MmCheeto said:
Ok. I read threw mysterfix thred on 2 MCP350's vs. 1 MCP655 and got side tracked on a question. I know this was talked about some here on cathors talks. but I guess Im still a little confused. On a system with an MCP 655 , CPU block , GPU block , Res , and 2x 120mm Rad wouldnt it benifit to have a small 120mm Rad added to the circut? If you have the water going to the Single 120mm Rad after it leaves the pump and before it reached the GPU block , CPU block then the larger rad then the rez have a better effect then not precooling? Now I know this will add some restriction to the line but on a 1/2 ID rig would it restrict so much that it wouldnt be worth it?

Anyone care to enlighten me a little lol :bang head

thanks a ton

First off the order really does not matter and I don't see another rad as helping because of what nikhsub1 said about the heatload.

Back