• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wasted ram space....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Will_

alright...i have 512...and whenever i open mr Task Manager in XP....even if i have a LOT of programs running...and games and all...

i hardly EVER go over 200....MAYBE 250

so anyway...what can i do with that extra space?

i probably don't have enough extra to load the OS onto....but are there any programs that would let me partially load some of the core data? or do anything with this wasted ram?

Could always use a RamDrive. Although what you could use it for I don't know. I'm still waiting for someone to help me put Everquest or just the important stuff into a Ramdrive so I can speed up zoning.

What about sticking your temporary internet files on a ram drive? That should decrease page load times (for stuff you look at alot... like the forums!).

JigPu

u have a link to a place that can show me how to do this in XP/2000?

sorry...totally new to the ramdrive concept :(

Try a search on google for Ram drives. You'll have to wade through some crap but I know I found something in there about doing that. Course it involved some registry editing and using the ram disk that comes with Windows and only allows 64mb of memory I think.

i have too much ram too. its cool though. its funny when all of my friends computers run out of ram and they have to use virtual memory. clunk clunk slooooooooowwwwwww.

Back