• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vauxflow

Registered
Couldn't find a suitable place to stick this post, sorry Mods! :eh?:

Anyway heres another Question I have folks.
I bought a a BIOS flash upgrade from esupport.com for the wife's HP Pavilion 7934 as HP never released one. The reason for the purchase? well I was having a few pathetic probs with the Pc and now that esupport made the BIOS Flash Upgrade those problems have all now gone...Great!
Yes, but I do have one tiny annoying problem which I hope you lot can hopefully help me with... Since Flashing the BIOS everytime we shut the Pc down, using the proper normal routine...START, TURN OFF COMPUTER then SHUT DOWN, everything goes the way it should and the computer shuts down, however as soon as it is about to power off the Pc suddenly boots itself again and loads Windows on again. The only way we are able to keep the Pc off is by holding the Power Off button on the front of the case, which does work however the usual old story the next time we power on... "Your computer was not shut down correctly" message appears then the system check kicks in. I have emailed esupport about this sudden self power on problem and they said "In the BIOS under the POWER MANAGEMENT section, set the POWER ON AFTER POWER FAIL to OFF" which I have done and also explained to esupport that I have done this. They haven't bothered replying again which is why I hope one of you kind folks can hopefully shed some light on the possible cause for this problem.
Apart from this the BIOS upgrade works beautifully! I am using windows xp pro and the BIOS is Award if thats info you folks need to know? ? ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not saying this could be solve problem but when I first built my rig below I had an old PCI card inside it Hercules XT4000 32mb to be exact as my motherboard dosn't have onboard graphics. When I used to turn it off like you START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN OFF it did the proper procedure and then suddenly went back into the BIOS and loaded up XP.

I then bought a FX5200 (bad choice I know) but it was hardware that wasn't 4 years old like the PCI card. After uninstalling the drivers for the PCI removing it, installing the FX5200 and drivers. Shutting down was ok did the above and it turned off so you could try a different G. Card see if that works.

Thanks for the reply, swapped two cards over and still the problem. I got so p***ed off bu it I uninstalled the BIOS Flash and guess what? works fine again. So I have since got back to the company asking for refund.

Back