• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolsleeves Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodolarchie

For anyone who has experience with coolsleeves. I placed an order with swiftech because I needed to buy the SK8 mounting bracket for my 6002, figured I might as well throw in some HydrX and coolsleeves. The only thing I didn't realize (was in a hurry and was at public PC) was that the sleeves are a 5/8" version, and I have 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD cleerflex hose. Won't the wire sleeves expand somewhat to accomodate another 1/8"? The bad thing, I know, is that I'll lose a bunch of the length, and probably won't have enough (40") to cover the bends in the system. And is HydrX any good? I don't have a way that I can see to cancel my order... looking for a phone number for them.

goodolarchie said:
For anyone who has experience with coolsleeves. I placed an order with swiftech because I needed to buy the SK8 mounting bracket for my 6002, figured I might as well throw in some HydrX and coolsleeves. The only thing I didn't realize (was in a hurry and was at public PC) was that the sleeves are a 5/8" version, and I have 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD cleerflex hose. Won't the wire sleeves expand somewhat to accomodate another 1/8"? The bad thing, I know, is that I'll lose a bunch of the length, and probably won't have enough (40") to cover the bends in the system. And is HydrX any good? I don't have a way that I can see to cancel my order... looking for a phone number for them.

Id imagine at the cost of some length they will still fit the larger tubing.. and i dont imagine your gonna loose all that much lenght.

HydrX... never used it

Personally i run a closed loop with all copper, so i use distilled water with about 1-2 caps of water wetter.

No Fogging.. no film.. no problems

They will still fit, I have used the smaller coolsleeves with larger (1/2" ID, 3/4" OD) tubing before. You will just need to carefully wrap them on.

Coolsleeves are amazing, if they came in black I would still use them, even with the 1/2" ID, 1/8" walled Tygon that I have. Coolsleeves add quite a lot of bend to your tubing, 1/2" ID, 1/16" walled Clearflex60 with coolsleeves has a better bend radius than 1/2" ID 1/8" walled Tygon without coolsleeves.

felinusz said:
They will still fit, I have used the smaller coolsleeves with larger (1/2" ID, 3/4" OD) tubing before. You will just need to carefully wrap them on.

Coolsleeves are amazing, if they came in black I would still use them, even with the 1/2" ID, 1/8" walled Tygon that I have. Coolsleeves add quite a lot of bend to your tubing, 1/2" ID, 1/16" walled Clearflex60 with coolsleeves has a better bend radius than 1/2" ID 1/8" walled Tygon without coolsleeves.

That's what I thought.. and what I needed to know. The HydrX was only like $1.50, so why not give it a try. Soon as that stuff gets shipped to me I'll have my 3200+ on H2O! :santa:

I'm using the HydrX and Coolsleeves. I have no trouble with either product. I LOVE the sleeves, and the HydrX is just an antifreeze like product. It works and it glows. Of course, this loop is only a few months old. I'll check it again in 2-3 months for growth.

Back