• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64 bit XP question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Is it worth going to this OS, I have an FX53, I also have Far Cry 64 bit, would love to try it out in 64 bit, have the driver issues been sorted out, is it worth making the move to a 64 bit OS. Will my 32 bit applications and games run on it, I am assuming they will, feedback welcomed

CK

I actually love XP x64 -- but to be honest, FarCry 64-bit isn't worth it if this is the only reason. The benchmarks are about the same, though it has bigger textures or more visuals. I don't see the difference, personally.

thanks for feedback, Linksys no drivers so does this mean issues with a Linksys WRT 54G wifi router?

How about NF4 and ATI drivers? as well as sata raid support? Well guess I should look to see where this can be bought the cheapest as well

I really would like to see better visuals, the way I look at it, may as well test the technology as long as it is decent

Cisco Kid, you'll be fine. What Chris meant, is that linksys doesn't have drivers for their network adaptors. You don't need drivers for the WRT54G as it is ethernet, I have no problems with my WRT54G. I'm not sure about NF4 drivers/issues, but my NF3 drivers are flawless as well as the Cat 5.6 64bit version. I don't see why SATA RAID would be an issue, my drivers for it are working fine, but I don't run RAID.

yea sorry , i meant just on there wi-fi cards and prob ethernet cards too. Its a bummer i would be running 64 24/7 if the had wmp511 drivers.

i use it and did the Far Cry 64 bit too i think it was actually a bit better
but i had ti look for drivers for a few things like HP scanner and printer
my Chanitech card and i cant find one for my tv tuner card that works
but other than that it works well for me
but for BF2 i am using my 32 bit windows xp installed HDD to play smooth
other than that all games seem to work well

I am posting right now from Windows 64 with a linksys adaptor. No, there are no OFFICIAL linksys 64 bit drivers - I talked to them personally (they told me I can't use it on x64 at all). Although each chip is made by Broadcom or Railtek, and you can download a 64 bit driver from them.

Contra said:
i use it and did the Far Cry 64 bit too i think it was actually a bit better
but i had ti look for drivers for a few things like HP scanner and printer
my Chanitech card and i cant find one for my tv tuner card that works
but other than that it works well for me
but for BF2 i am using my 32 bit windows xp installed HDD to play smooth
other than that all games seem to work well

BF2 runs pretty smooth for me on x64. Give it a shot. :)

Back