• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AA8 malfunction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wwing49

My buddie has been having some random problems with his AA8 and 560. He has an Ultra Xconnect 500w with the 20>24 pin adaptor. We know its not the best PSU (not being ATX2.0 and all), but it has been working for months... why the sudden suck? The thing wont even start up the post screen and gets stuck on the 96 led reading which is... 1 Build MP Table, 2. Build & Update ESCD, 3. Set CMOS time into DOS time tick, 5. Build MSIRQ routing table....... any ideas?

umm even though it probably wont work try flashing the bios and it sounds like the board is gone.. i hate boards with postcodes.

Well, we did get it working (we took it to my house to work on it and it worked perfectly... :confused: But anyway, how would we go about flashin the bios w/o a UV chamber or whatever they are called?

Upgrading (flashing) an Abit mobo BIOS is pretty simple if you download their easy to use FlashMenu program. You are just reprogramming the BIOS ROM. But, I don't usually recommend doing that if you are having problems and are running unstable. If the computer reboots in the middle of a BIOS flash, you're sort of screwed.

Try reseating everything, RAM, cards, heatsink, power connectors, etc. Especially the power connector if you are using an adapter.

No, we couldnt even get into windows, thats why I was wondering what he was talking about. Anyway, the problem is fixed and we have no idea what was wrong but o well

Back