• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone TJ03 watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Just got this case (on its way) and im looking to put together a WC'ing system for it.

I have all the parts figured out except for the radaitor. Is there somthing I could get that would easily mount on the top blowhole without having to cut up the case? It would have to use 1/2" fittings.

Parts list so far:
1250 pump
DD bay res
Swiftech storm block
radaitor...?

I personally would wait for the case to arrive bfore you buy anything. That way you have soild mesurements of what you are going to do.

the eheim 1250 will not work well with that block. I recommend you get a Swiftech MCP655 (www.swiftnets.com) for it since its a better fit. For a radiator I recommend you get a 1977 Pontiac Bonneville (with a/c) and mod that to fit (there is a sticky in the sticky section on how to do it). However as Sentential said wait until you get the case.

SewerBeing said:
the eheim 1250 will not work well with that block. I recommend you get a Swiftech MCP655 (www.swiftnets.com) for it since its a better fit. For a radiator I recommend you get a 1977 Pontiac Bonneville (with a/c) and mod that to fit (there is a sticky in the sticky section on how to do it). However as Sentential said wait until you get the case.
ILl go with that pump then, I like the fact it runs off of 12v instead of 120vac.

I will wait until I get the case but I was just wondering if theres anybody who already watercooled such a case and what they used. I *really* dont want to have to cut the case any and I would rather buy somthing to use instead of modding somthing (im really terrible at such things).

thats awesome. What radaitor do you use? is that and the display on the front all one piece or seperate?

thanks

the rad is a bonneville heatercore and the display is a matrix orbital lcd disply and fan controller, they are differnent

Meh... the thing is I *really* dont want to hack the case up. Just becuase Im not good at such things and I know id mess it up. Its such a beautiful case :D

So... any opinions on my revised equpment list?

Black ice micro 2: (to go where the 2x 80mm fans are at the back)
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=5&cat=13&page=1

Danger den bay res:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=51&cat=27&page=1
Swiftech storm for the cpu block
MCP655 for the pump

The weakness is ovbiously the Radiator but its the only option I can see without hacking up the case. A 120mm radiator wont fit on the front 120mm fan :( not enough clearance.

Hmmm just had an idea. The pump is probably up to it but could I use 2 radiators? a 2x 80mm one on the back and a 80mm one for the top fan? That is if the black ice micro2 isnt a very good performer.

BigRed said:
Meh... the thing is I *really* dont want to hack the case up. Just becuase Im not good at such things and I know id mess it up. Its such a beautiful case :D
I had the same feelings about my Lian-Li, but I ended up just biting the bullet and goin for it.

Back