• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neccesity: The Mother of Invention

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buttonmash

Disabled
Long story short. I used the backplate off my mobo to act as a Coversion kit. Pictured is a Socket478 DangerDen TDX with Gigabyte Socket939 Backplate.

I couldve purchased a new block, or even a converision kit...but theirs no Danger in that. Inspired by Bryan_D's Modifications
p71000203ia.jpg

Hehehe,

I actually "inspired" someone? Wow.

Well anyway that is great that you have done that. I hate to be an arse but does is the mounting equal? The reason I ask is because you seem to cover more on one side than the other. But you also have metal plate thingy on the CPU right, so there is probably no risk of chipping anything.

Great job and thanks for mentioning me!!
Bryan D.

I centered the CPU Die with the Channels and double checked for contact. That was my main concern as well as an obstical the whole time. These were all parts Ive been sitting on for about 4 months, its nice to have them working again.

I was also able to hit 2.6 and Pass 32MB Pi. The funny thing: Voltage. Its amazing I couldnt hit stability with 1.5-1.575, but good old 1.6 makes this CPU come alive!

p71000034so.jpg

Awesome job there! Tell me, does your pump vibrate? I have the L40 and mine will vibrate a bit. Did you insulate teh pump?

Bryan d.

I had to insulate the Hydor because of vibrations, it seemed to make more noise/vibrate with the Radiator closer and in upright position vs. Radiator thats mounted by the PSU or above.

Hydors a good pump, but noisy little suckers. And I couldnt use the base with suction cups because it takes up to much mass. To finally be stable, and have good cooling is what im happy about.

My prior clock using stock heatsink: [email protected]. I would run 32mb Pi and the 3rd interation it would say ,"Not Exact in Round."

Using this mod:[email protected]. And it never skips a beat. Thats good stuff, I see how this could become addicting.

Back