• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Made myself a box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SavageBasher

well, after letting this thing sit for months, I FINALLY got enough enthusiasm to finish the box and make it my main rig.

BoxBleed11.jpg

BoxBleed21.jpg

BoxBleed31.jpg

I like the ghetto but is that bubbles in your line? If you have the box already, bust out the $25 Autozone Bonney HC.

Did you use to have the AWC-1?

I am going to make an external unit aswell after my revision for the main rig is down.

Great Job,
Bryan D.

Yep, just started bleeding the thing less than an hour ago (notice there are no cables, no video card, no hard drive). In my next revision I'll go with a larger radiator, and a redesign of the box. But for now this should fit me well.

Ven0m said:
Really promising external box + clean wwire management - :thup:

Try no wiring yet. ;) I still have to stuff in 3 hard drive, 2 IDE cables, a video card, 1 SATA cable, and my fan controller.

Cool,

I hope that your bleeding goes well and that your temps are satisfying. I really like the idea of having the radiator dumping heat away from the comp. I cannot see that well but is your Fan/RAD ducted?

Good luck again,
Bryan d.

Well, I sprung a leak down on the one radiator barb. I don't know if its from the hose, or from the barb itself, so I will find out tomorrow morning when I see if any water has leaked out of the barb itself. :(

It will make the rad easier to clean being outside of the case. For that size of a box, you could probably go with a small car rad and no fan if you wanted to. I just went to a small car rad and it is excellent - getting good temps with no fans on it at all.

Turns out my leak was from a worm clamp not being perfectly circle. So it was clamping down on 90% of the barb, and that 10% let it leak. :bang head

ive had that happen to me too...there are smaller (mini) clamps that work GREAT (for me)
the whole thing is smaller: threads/band etc

EDIT: 5/16" band LINK (about 1/3 way down page)

EDIT:

these are the spots/gaps where i have had leaks (due to too large of clamp):

badworm26ur.jpg

Last edited:
SavageBasher said:
Turns out my leak was from a worm clamp not being perfectly circle. So it was clamping down on 90% of the barb, and that 10% let it leak. :bang head

Happens sometimes. Thats why we leak test. Also having torgue, or excesive pulling on a hose can sometimes offset the clamp, resulting in more or less the same thing.

nice, you should paint and put some plexiglass on the box to make it look nice
also get yourself a bigger rad, if you are going to use a external box you def. should get a bigger rad, cause the one you have can fit in your case

Back