• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft AntiSpyware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I've been giving this a run and I've found it to be a nice little app. Has anyone else been using it? Has anyone found another program to be better? :welcome:

After reading about how much folks here liked it, I am giving it a shot. I hate how it loads at startup though, and I haven't found a way to disable that in the app yet.

If anyone knows how to stop it from loading at startup I am all ears.

I was avoiding this program just for the fact that it was from micro$oft. And this is their first venture into the spyware game. But I have heard a lot of people raving about it. I am sure that it will be rolled into Longhorn. So I might as well try it now.

dicecca112 said:
yeah, that should kill it easily, but mine never loaded at startup once I disabled it in options

I always kill stuff in msconfig as a last resort. Where is the option? I have not found anything that keeps it from loading unless it would be the automatic updates option.

hibner said:
I was avoiding this program just for the fact that it was from micro$oft. And this is their first venture into the spyware game. But I have heard a lot of people raving about it. I am sure that it will be rolled into Longhorn. So I might as well try it now.

Actually it used to be called Giant Antispyware and MS just bought it. It even looks the same just with some MS branding.

To prevent it from loading go to options -> real-time protection and then uncheck the box that tells it to start at boot.

Back