• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Longhorn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

How can I legally get ahold of a copy of Longhorn or is it a beta tester gotta be affiliated with M$ type of thing?

Howdy,

You can get the beta when it's released (in a week or two) if you've got an MSDN subscription, get invited in by an employee, or part of an NDA or similar partnership with MSFT. In all cases there are NDAs in place.... (those are the ways I know, there may be others, such as attending a conference like WinHEC)...

Brian

so basically your telling me I'm stuck because I don't have any of those connections, oh well thanks for answering

dicecca112 said:
so basically your telling me I'm stuck because I don't have any of those connections, oh well thanks for answering

Part of the reason is that the beta isn't really intended for end-user consumers; probably goes without saying but there's limited (or no) support aside from the beta expectations of providing feedback/bug reports/discussion groups.

This isn't complete, but... if you're:

- 18 or older
- Have necessary equipment - exact specs not finalized, though if you have to ask... :)
- Have the time to sincerely test and provide feedback
- Willing to understand there will be bugs and can work around them
- Willing to go under NDA or other agreement as specified; generally meaning you can't post screenshots (unless otherwise given permission) or openly discuss some issues.

Then you may be a good fit for the beta program. I'm willing to look into it ti see about how difficult it is to get ppl on board, for those interested (reply or drop me a pm), but please think about it and do it for the right reasons :) No promises, though.

Brian

bth said:
Part of the reason is that the beta isn't really intended for end-user consumers; probably goes without saying but there's limited (or no) support aside from the beta expectations of providing feedback/bug reports/discussion groups.

- 18 or older
- Have necessary equipment - exact specs not finalized, though if you have to ask... :)
- Willing to go under NDA or other agreement as specified; generally meaning you can't post screenshots (unless otherwise given permission) or openly discuss some issues.

Then you may be a good fit for the beta program. I'm willing to look into it ti see about how difficult it is to get ppl on board, for those interested (reply or drop me a pm), but please think about it and do it for the right reasons :) No promises, though.

Brian

Sweet, nice of you to post what needs to be done. Would be tempting/cool to get a beta copy of longhorn, would they send it out to NZ? :p

Beta Testing

Hi Goateh,

I believe so... I can't guarantee enrollment but can try... if interested IM me the following:

First and Last Name
Company Name (If applicable)
Shipping address (No PO Boxes – our carriers only ship to street addresses)
Microsoft Passport ID (A requirement for any Microsoft Beta Tester)
Phone Number
Email Address

Brian

tenchi86 said:
This is cool, so do we have a MS rep here. Or just one helpful memeber?

Any MSFT employee is a rep of the company :) I'm in development (Windows), not marketing or sales, just to clarify...

Brian

bth said:

- 18 or older

Brian

Or if you've been on independent auditing teams for the NT B feasibility papers. ;) http://www.trustedsystems.com/b-level.htm

Back