• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble with the Abit RMA process

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I dont know if anybody else has had problems getting their Abit stuff RMAed? I tried the online "eRMA" and when I try to put the serial # in it gives me errors. When I check "missing serial", it says I need to register the product. I cant find anywhere on the site how I can register. It's kind of aggravating. I might just try the phone number ZZF (who I bought the mobo from) gave me for Abit.

I think I'll only buy from newegg now. ZZF doest seem to have anywhere near the customer support that newegg has.

always try to rma through the reseller first, if they won't do it call the manufacturer and they'll put you through basic tech support then give you the number of RMA department

i say try reseller first because they much quicker (well, at least egg is)

Marble, try the same number, changing the Is for 1s, and Os for zeros. (0)

They have a real problem descriminating between ones and eyes, and ohs and zeros. You need to try every combination.

If you have any problem, let me know.

steve

Yeah, if the serial is good Abit's RMA works well. Even if it's out of warranty, they give you another board for a mere $25. I sometimes get broken Abits just to get them replaced for $25.

I have tried to RMA thru ZZF, but I got an email back saying I have to go thru Abit.

I may not be using the right number. I see 3 #'s that could be the serial #.

Marble, here is the right serial number, off of a NF7 I have. It is on the side of the last PCI slot, on mine.

NF7S-C3B******.

Yours should be in a similar format.

steve

damarble said:
Thanks, it looks like I was using the wrong one then. I'll have to check when I get home.

There is a whole section just for RMAs, at my other home. The ABIT Forums. Come over there, and do some reading. There's a link in my sig.

steve

Back