• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy hose barbs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

I'm "modding" a '77 bonneville heater core and need hose barbs. While they cost about a dollar online, they cost more to ship. Where should I look for these in the real world?

I've gotten them at Home Depot, they have an OK selection. Do not, however, expect much help from the people in that department at HD, they tend to be clueless in my experience.

I've also seen them at ACE, Lowes and a couple smaller hardware stores in my area.

I buy all of my fittings from ACE. Just go during the daytime when they usually have someone older who knows their stuff. I can get help with just about anything from them, but if I go to Lowe's or Home Depot, I can never seem to find anything I need. I have also found that ACE carries some barbs that Lowe's doesn't. I use 5/8" barbs for any res or heatercore/rad. The brass ones are the easiest to get 1/2" tubing over.

I'm with Voigt on this one the only downside was that I had to tkae a few minutes out of my day to explain water cooling to the person helping me and then he helped me and all was good. So I'm with ACE for getting them great prices also.

I only tried explaining watercooling once to a guy at ACE. He just gave me a funny look and told me that I am probably the only one in the entire city with a watercooled PC! Now I just go in and generally explain what I am trying to do.

voigts said:
I only tried explaining watercooling once to a guy at ACE. He just gave me a funny look and told me that I am probably the only one in the entire city with a watercooled PC! Now I just go in and generally explain what I am trying to do.

Yeah I learned my lesson after that one he even asked "Are you sure this has been done before?". Thats good advice for any water cooler never tell them what you really want to do just describe the problem :)

I've had experience explaining what seem to be half-baked ideas to store employees before mostly at home depot and radio shack.

Back