• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high temps. hm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

po0ns

Registered
i got what i thought was someo f the best stuff and im still showing high temps :(

TDX a64 waterblock 1/2" barbs
MCP650 waterpump
blackice 120mm rad
and a maze4 going to my chipset (i know its not needed)
ill got a vid card block waiting on my mounting hardware

i had a 2x120mm rad ordered but got scammed, but right now all i got hooked up is the cpu/chipset and it shouldnt be running this hot!!!!! :(

im getting right now 50 degrees on my cpu and 42 degrees on my chipset according to MSI CoreCenter

i was getting cooler then this on air!!!

im using AS5 distilled water shroud and a 1200mm fan what could be my problem?

my computer specs are in my sig.

-po0ns

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396244 <- please read this if you feel your temps are high. Now you did not get "scammed" or anything like that. Your setup cna achieve great temps if you take the time to do it all properly. Such as making sure its bled, getting rid of any kinks and making sure its all seated properly. A water cooling system is not a quick build and then nothing it requires care and maintenance to keep it working safely and properly. That being said please read that sticky and follow its advise. Also I think the MSI mobos read from the socket temps and not the cpu diode which is bound to be higher. To find out if it does please direct a fan at the backside of the mobo where the socket would be.

It would certainly help if you gave us some information on what you have tried to fix the percieved problem. Did you remount the TDX? If so, how did the AS5 application look? Are you applying it according to the directions? Have you checked for kinks, do you have any 90's...

If you exhausted the stickies and dont feel it has gotten you anywhere, we first have to know everything you tired that you thought might help. Then we can go from there.

i applied a dot of as5 in the middle ofmy proc, im running at stock voltages/timings for my winni 3200

no kinks
remounted
ill get the t-line water temp here in a minute
there were lots of problems with my mobo reporting temps right. but this still seems high.
the TDX comes with little plastic inserts should i take it out and let it full flow?

whaaaat my temps are reading 32 degrees now and system temp 40.

this is day 2 of consistantly running my computer. well the problem might have just fixed itself... this is the lowest i have seen my temps yet

hm... lol nutz

Odd indeed.
What are your temps for both idle, and then full load for an extended amount of time? The temperature delta between idle and load can sometimes be a good indication of contact between the CPU and WB.

A lot of times temps that might seem high are not always a problem, stability is more important.

Also, tell us how your radiator is set up. Push or pull? Is it getting fresh air from outside the case?

Pics would help a lot if you can manage.

cant get no pics and its all setup outside the case right now rads sitting right out side with 120mm fan pulling through it,

gonna do some stress testing and see what how my temps react.

appriciate the help!

-po0ns

try putting a fan blowing on the socket. WCing will have much less airflow here and may cause your temps to seem much higher.

Is that in the stickys, if not, it should be :beer:

yeah i remember reading somewhere to put a fan on the back of your mobo and watch the temps drop. is there a direct relation between water temp and block temp? i got many thermal sensors i got an aerogate2 and a cheapo floppy bay thermal sensor, where would be my best bet placing these for acurate readings i remember from the past a lot of people run them under the proc through the pins. is the backside of the GPU the best spot?

again appriciate all your imput
-po0ns

po0ns said:
yeah i remember reading somewhere to put a fan on the back of your mobo and watch the temps drop. is there a direct relation between water temp and block temp? i got many thermal sensors i got an aerogate2 and a cheapo floppy bay thermal sensor, where would be my best bet placing these for acurate readings i remember from the past a lot of people run them under the proc through the pins. is the backside of the GPU the best spot?

again appriciate all your imput
-po0ns

It all depends on what options are avaiable to you. With open core proseeors, I would just stick the probe right along side the die core, and secure it with some electrical tape.

With the closed core chips (prescotts, a64s) its a bit tougher. There is no room to mount the probe under the pins. What I do is first mount the wb, and figure out where the sides of the cpu stop, and attach the probe to the under side of the block at that point. Thsi isn't going to be 100% accurate, and shoudl read a bit lowers than the actual core temp, but its a good ball park.

roger that, wonder how efficient drilling a small hole in the waterblock to slide the heat probe in like on the backside where theres enough room would hurt it. i just really wanna know a acurate temperature. :( guess i got the wrong board for that hehe.

well its been dropping down to 25degrees lately that makes me super happy :)

i also have a DFI lan partyb 2600 mobile and BH5 2x256 with a 9800 SE successfully softmodded that im puting on liquid next i think im gonna go all 3/8 on it cause i have to go to the chipset on this one. little less cramped (probably will need a 2x120mm rad for this anyone got a leftover? both my processor and vid card blocks i got are 3/8 barbs. i got a dtek 3/8 outlet pump looking forward to seeing how these other blocks perform.

you willalso see some custom blocks from me in the future, i got a drill press that im eager to start playing with hehehe.

-po0ns

Back