• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tons of music CD images to play... but with what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

Currently, I'm using Daemon-tools to read my music CD's and play them, but it gets kinda tiring to mount a new CD every time the tracks are done. So, my question to you ladies and gentlemen is this; is there any program that will go through folders, pick an image, mount it and play it automatically?

Maybe copying the music from the mounted cd to your hard drive and using any music-playing program (i suggest winamp) tough i must say i dunno if it is legal. It would also take less hard drive space i guess (and you can also rip them to MP3 for even more space saved, but then again dunno about how laws like this).

Worry not about legality, as I personally own the CD's, and these act as back up (my classical CD collection is very precious in my eyes.) And no, I don't want to rip anything. Being an audiophile, I can't stand compressed music. I need something to play straight from the image files in its purest form.

Schalldampfer said:
Worry not about legality, as I personally own the CD's, and these act as back up (my classical CD collection is very precious in my eyes.) And no, I don't want to rip anything. Being an audiophile, I can't stand compressed music. I need something to play straight from the image files in its purest form.

Then rip it into an uncomressed format.

Yes, they could be burned back onto CD later.

If it were me and I was concerned about compression and quality, I would rip the tracks to a loss-less compression like FLAC. Loss-less simply means the file is compressed but there is no quality loss. That would be the best of both worlds IMO, smaller files than the ~50mb/track WAV files and no loss of quality.

BTW, w/ FLAC, you can also burn them back to CD. You'll need the encoder and decoder for your system and possibly the decoder for your player of choice. Then you'll need the program to "rip" the tracks, like Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

Tell us how it goes.

Back