• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is pc-150 worth the money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatshlink

From my understanding pc-150 is memory made to run in computers that would usualy run pc-133, but made to be overclocked to 150mhz. but couldnt most high quality pc-133 be overclocked to 150mhz whithout much problem, especialy if you have good air flow. and pc-150 as almost 2x as much. If I am wrong please correct me, memory isent my specialty :D.

thanx

It's all a marketing scam. Just get Crucial memory CAS2 that's rated at 133 and you can run it at 150 FSB easily. I have no problem running at 152. Don't fall for the PC150 trick and waste your money.

Am

ya just get pc 133 pc2100 crucial ram, i have mushkin pc2400 and will only get to 169 which is good , but i only run at 145-150 adn crucuil pc2100 will do that anyways

FunkyTechnician said:
It's all a marketing scam. Just get Crucial memory CAS2 that's rated at 133 and you can run it at 150 FSB easily. I have no problem running at 152. Don't fall for the PC150 trick and waste your money.

Am

That was what I was thinking, except I want to get 512 sticks. and they only have cas3 512's, any suggestions???

yea, i was looking at the crucial site too for a 512 stick, it is only availible in CAS3.. but the 256's and below are in both cas2 and 3.

would cas3 as aposed to cas2 keep you from some overclocking capabilities? why is "cas2 better than cas3"

hehe I have bunch of pc100 64 meg sticks that do 151mhz :D
Dont ask how cause its was on my Kt7a, but I killed it acidently (bows head down)

But it left a record behind Abit says I can still RMA it so I just might

Back