• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Windows - No Disk"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawkins

Hey all, when I start up, I get a window that pops up that says:

Heading - "Windows - No Disk"

In the box - something like "There is no disk in the drive. please insert one"
then the options that you can click are "Cancel", "Try Again", "Continue"

Anyone know what this is and how to stop it? It annoys me. lol

Thanks

Last edited:
Got any startup programs that require a disk? I'm thinking mabey something you installed, rebooted, took the disk out, but it still needs the disk to finish the installation. I don't really know. :)

Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Alright, all of the recent errors are from last night when IE was hanging up. All or the other ones ar fro Delta Force Black Hawk Down, because something is screwed up with that where it kicks me out after every game if I dont get out of the game before it ends. :bang head

There were no things listed under the "problem devices".

Thanks

What are the critical errors that are listed in Event Viewer? When you right click an event and select "Properties", an "Information Properties" window will open. In the upper RH corner of the window is a button (just below the up/down arrow buttons) that when pressed copies the details of the event to the Clipboard...you can then paste the Clipboard contents of the logged error(s) in this thread.

Alright, not to bring this back from the dead, but to update that I fixed the eons ago but forgot to say so here. I ended up updating the Delta Force Black Hawk down and all the problems went away and have never reered their head since!

Thanks everyone!

Back