• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which dual core motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

duble

Registered
I'm trying to decide between these 5 motherboards, any advice would be appreciated, especially if you have owned or used one.

Asus P5LD2 (Intel P4) i945P Dual Core P4-LGA775 DDRII Motherboard with PCI-Ex16, Audio, SATA-II, RAID & GBit LAN

ABIT AL8 (Intel P4) i945P Dual Core P4-LGA775 DDRII Motherboard with PCI-Ex, Audio, SATA-II, RAID, Firewire & GBit LAN

Gigabyte GA-8I945GMF (Intel P4) i945G Dual Core P4-LGA775 DDRII Motherboard with Video, PCI-Ex16, Audio, SATA-II, Firewire & GBit LAN

Gigabyte GA-8I945P (Intel P4) i945P Dual Core P4-LGA775 Dual Graphic DDR-II Motherboard with Dual PCI-Ex16, Audio, SATA-II, RAID, Firewire & GBit LAN

Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G (Intel P4) i945P Dual Core P4-LGA775 DDR-II Motherboard with PCI-Ex16, Audio, SATA-II, RAID & GBit LAN

I do wish to overclock in the future.

Thanks.

why not go with the 955 chipset, its alot better with a dual core, and if you were to get the 955 id say go with the Asus board (forget name, think its P5WD_)

the 955 is out of my price range...which 945 board would you recommend?

okay thanks...do they overclock well??
i've been told the gigabyte doesn't like OC
not sure about the abit, but it does have the Guru package - which is for OC'n??

your gonna have to get some others opinions on this as well, as i dont have the dual core set-up i just repeat what i am told about em

asus will oc really well, gigabyte not so much, and the abit...ive never trusted or liked abit, so me personnaly, i stay away from them

Abit builds solid mobos, I currently have 3 Abit mobos running and I love 'em. Of the choices listed, get either the Asus or Abit.

Back