• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox 1.0.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
A heads up for the new release. It adresses some security issues. No major changes or wierd issues so far. Same overlay install as last time. Just install and your done. Looks like the install issue may be done with.

As always backup your [Windows XP users] C:\Documents and Settings\~user name~\Application Data\Mozilla folder first in case of any issues later. Save it to a safe location and if you need to reload Firefox. Just copy it back over. :thup:

Yeah, I just installed it, seems just the same. Will read later what bugs were fixed.

PS: I noticed that the new version still didn't seem to fix the pop-up issue - yes, I know there are ways to fix this, but I'm just giving a heads up.

I noticed an issue with this, I used to go around and wheel click on topics that looked interesting on the main page but now I can't. I know it's the new version cause I still had the old installer and went back and it fixed the problem.

I guess they will roll out Thunderbird soon also.

It still don't pass some of the tests, but the inject problem is bieng adressed finally.
Here is the fix list:

MFSA 2005-56 Code execution through shared function objects
MFSA 2005-55 XHTML node spoofing
MFSA 2005-54 Javascript prompt origin spoofing
MFSA 2005-53 Standalone applications can run arbitrary code through the browser
MFSA 2005-52 Same origin violation: frame calling top.focus()
MFSA 2005-51 The return of frame-injection spoofing
MFSA 2005-50 Possibly exploitable crash in InstallVersion.compareTo()
MFSA 2005-49 Script injection from Firefox sidebar panel using data:
MFSA 2005-48 Same-origin violation with InstallTrigger callback
MFSA 2005-47 Code execution via "Set as Wallpaper"
MFSA 2005-46 XBL scripts ran even when Javascript disabled
MFSA 2005-45 Content-generated event vulnerabilities

hmmm, i forced a reboot once...comp crashed :p but lost all my setting :(
before 1.0.5 was released.

but cant see anything new.

Firefox has an issue with websites using the javascript plugin to generate pop-up ads.

The easiest fix for this is to simply disable javascript & probably java too. The more tricky fix is to adding a line to the about:config panel. This seems to work okay, but it would also disable ALL pop-ups even the ones you would need, which is why the developers are reluctant to add it to the firefox update pack.

Back