• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone recived Xp64 from MS yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paradoxmaker

I traded in one of my XP pro licenses to Microsoft back on 5/28/05. I recived an email from MS yesterday (7/13/05) saying that they would start shipping the copies of XP64 on 7/14/05. Now today I recive an email from MS saying that the order has been posted and accepted and will be shipped sometime in the next 4-6 weeks.

4-6 weeks ????? Are you kidding me??? It's already been nearly 8 since I made the order. It's a good thing that this is only costing me the $12.99 trade price or I would of canceled the order long ago.

Is MS just screwing around with this trade in program or does anyone know if some orders got filled long before others?

I thought XP 64 bit edition was already being widely (not really) used. It is listed as one of the operating systems on Dell's download site so I assume some people are using it. Personally, I have no experience with it directly so I can't be sure.

Scott9027 said:
I thought XP 64 bit edition was already being widely (not really) used. It is listed as one of the operating systems on Dell's download site so I assume some people are using it. Personally, I have no experience with it directly so I can't be sure.

I know it is in use but I was under the impression that those were copies downloaded from MS (or as you point out, DELL).

I didn't want a downloaded copy so I ordered an actual disk from MS.

I know a friend who ordered the 64 bit upgrade disk a while back and recieved it about 2-3 months ago? It was about in the middle if spring term at the college when he recieved his upgrade. I think you may be standing alone. (with a few others, but not everyone)

Well it's now been a lmost a month since my 1st post in this thread and now I get this mail form MS.

We have not shipped your order because we were unable to obtain a credit card authorization. If you would still like to receive the Microsoft Technology Advancement Software Kit, please fax the following information to our Fulfillment Team before Friday, August 19, 2005.

Fax Number: 925-275-1190 (in the USA)

ATTN: MSFT x64 Program

Order Number:

Credit Card

Expiration Date

If we have not received a response from you by close of business Friday, August 19, 2005, the order will be cancelled. If your order is cancelled, your 32-bit COA/PID will be refreshed and will no longer be considered 'exchanged'.

Please disregard this message if you have already been in contact with our Fulfillment Center.

Note: Duties and Taxes for shipments to non-US locations are the responsibility of the recipient.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Technology Advancement Team

Well now I don't know if I should just say "Screw it" or resend the info. Mainly due to my distrust of just sending personal info blindly. Even though the email address is the same as the other notices I have recived from MS, I just have my issues with faxing my credit card info.

Has anyone else recived a notice like this????

Wouldn't they try to authorize your payment sometime before now? Since this was many weeks ago?

Scott9027 said:
Wouldn't they try to authorize your payment sometime before now? Since this was many weeks ago?

Considering the orginal order was placed in May I would of thought they would of done somthing before now. Every time I went to the website to check on the status of the order it always told me the order was recived and my card would be charged when the order was ready to ship.

Like I said, after 3 months I am ready to just forget about the 64bit version and just keep using the regular Win XP.

Back