• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCP/IP patch - nLite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

I have come across this option when following the nLiteOS slipstreaming process.

Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections

Also known as TCP/IP patch. Enter value between 10 and 16777215.
Triggers Driver Recompression.

Does anyone know anything about this setting? Is there anything to be gained by changing it from the default 10? Can it be set too high? Could it damage anything or slow down the system if set incorrectly?

I'm not sure but I think it has to do with the number of network connections to the server or workstation at one time. If you were going to have more than 10 connections at once obviously there would be a benefit to setting this number higher than the default. I was under the impression that xp pro could only support 10 connections at once. I'm not sure exactly what you are doing I'm assuming modifying the xp install in some way. I don;t know what the max number of theoretical connections an OS could support but I would think that leaving the value at 1o would probably be the best option.

I believe this setting was introduced in SP2. Basically it limits the number of connections to your PC, for whatever reason M$ decided to do this (I think they thought it may help simmer down a PC if it was turned into a zombie by another mass virus).

I have mine raised to 50 I believe, just in case for any heavy P2P/BT use.

Back