• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Questions... i m not newbie!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

!!tio!!

Stupid Questions

1, Does Windows store things in RAM?
2, Iwill a ram be used up?
3, does format + fdisk a PC make the ram clean
4, when you sell a ram, does the things that you store in it get delete when on a new mobo?
:confused:

*Tio Etomac* said:
Stupid Questions

1, Does Windows store things in RAM?
2, Iwill a ram be used up?
3, does format + fdisk a PC make the ram clean
4, when you sell a ram, does the things that you store in it get delete when on a new mobo?
:confused:

1) Windows places data in RAM when required however RAM does not hold data and as such clears when your PC is off
2) RAM can be used up by the system at which point the system will write to the hard disk (virtual memory), the RAM will eventually be released when the system no longer requires it. RAM can not be used up on a permanent basis.
3) No a fdisk and format only refers to the hard disk
4) see answer 1

*Tio Etomac* said:
Of course I know FDIsk _ Format is for HDD but I thought by doing that the ram will reset too...

I don't know if the ram resets or not but either way it's completely useless information. After fdisking you have to reboot your machine. Once you reboot your RAM is cleared so it doesn't matter if the FDISK command clears it (i don't think it does anyway)...

As for format, it only clears off the hard drive and since your RAMDrive in MS-DOS is still active I'd venture to say that formatting a hard disk does NOT clear the system memory.

Back