• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

30 Min to boot.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BirdmanJR

Registered
Ok So everything was going fine yesterday and then I turn off my comp and went somewhere.SO when I came home I turn it on and It wont go past the windows loading thing.So I reset and try again, again, again.I even reset the bios and tryed, it wont boot for anything.Finally I decided to leave it and came back 30 min later and it was at my desktop :shrug: .I affraid to try to restart now I have it working.What should I do????

You did nothing to it? No new hardware, no no plug and play devices? I would not be to afriad to restart because this happened to me once, and it did always load. It was just Windows for me was for some reason taking for ever to detect my USB devices and initialize the drivers. I never did find a fix besides taking out the device during boot and reinstalling Windows. Is this Xp? If so I would try a repair install, or next time you are in Windows update all drivers, mainly the ones for your mobo. If there are not any updates try just reinstalling them current ones.

I did just install the mobo driver lol.I dont think thats it cuase it was working fine after I finished.I did just instal a wireless network PCI card that doesnt work and is just sitting their.....This it mayby?

yeah, did you leave that there, take it out and go to safe mode to make sure the drivers is clean, before you boot it back into windwos..

never leave unattention drivers alone..they are needy....

Ok i got ballsy and restarted.No probloms.Wired thing is since I updated my mobo drivers My CPU had been running 4 C cooler :santa: is this normal?

If you're on NT ..XP it would do you good to run on a limited account.
I'd also check your start-up folder and clear what you don't wanting to start up on boot. Plus, I would kill all services that you're not using.

Back