• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-6 MaxII and SATA driver.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ice-ninja

Registered
Hi guys I hope you can help.
I just installed XP on my system which has a WD 74 Raptor on SATA1 & A Segate 200g Sata HD on SATA2 for storage. I`m not running any RAID array.
IDE1 has my CD-ROM and DVD Burner drives.
Everything loaded fine and the computer boots no problem.

Now I just ran Sandra and it says my Hard drives are running at UDMA 5 = ATA 100...what gives? I did not load the SATA drivers during the OS installation..could this be the problem? IF so is there a way to load the drivers for the OnChip Intel controller without formatting my drives and starting from scratch?Could you please check my Bios setting below also.
Thanks.

In my bios I have the following settings.
IDE Bus Master =Enabled
OnChip IDE 1 & 2 =Enabled
All Master and Slave PIO and UDMA settings are set to Auto.

OnChip SATA Mode = IDE
SATA RAID ROM = Disabled
OnChip Serial ATA = Enhanced

Serial ATA 1 & 2 are showing as Master.

OnChip PCI Devices
Serial ATA Controller = Disabled
-Serial Raid ROM = Disabled.

Even though your HDD's are connected to the OnChip SATA controller, I don't believe it's necessary to pre-install drivers during the F6 portion of Setup ...as is necessary when running drives in RAID on the same controller. In fact there's not even a Floppy Configuration Utility available from Intel for HDD's running on the OnChip controller in an IDE configuration ...as there is for HDD's running in RAID.

The controller drivers being used at the moment on your system are the latest version available from MS, and are also dependant on the SP you have installed. With SP2 installed, the latest available IDE driver version is 5.1.2600.2180

I would suggest installing the latest Intel Application Accelerator (non-RAID version) v2.3, available from Intel here ...

Intel® Application Accelerator
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

The latest Intel controller drivers are included in the IAA package, which will more than likely enable the HDD's on the OnChip controller to run at UDMA 6.

Back