• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

microsoft support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritek

= teh sux.

I called them regarding some information on their website telling me to contact them for a fix. So i did it and contacted MS. Once their "specialized foreign national" got to me 10 mins later.. i was told i need to pay 32.99 for them to tell me where this fix was... so another 15 mins later after aruging with them.. they transfer me to their technical staff.

Now this guy didnt know WTF he was doing.. he couldnt find anything.. and wasnt sure what a "socket 478 Pentium 4" was. So he told me that another technical staff member would have to contact me tomorrow (today). Between 2-4pm est.. well its past that now.. and im mad.

microsoft = teh sux

:argue:

Well whats the problem, im sure we could help better then them?

If you already have Win98 installed, then this is the fix you need ...

http://www.sjordan.com/ ...Click on the The ndis_fix is here link (as mentioned in the Q312108 KB article you linked to) to start the download.

When calling MS re: a particular hotfix, they'll normally send it to you free of charge ...as long as that's all you ask for.

Last edited:
I think the real strength is the breadth of use and experience that can be found online. If Windows is one thing, it's well documented.

^^Very true, They have a huge list on the MS site of known bugs and what each error code is. If its not there I am sure google can find some guy on a forum in the same jam.

Very true haha, not sure where it all comes from. Though he seems to have a link and a quick run command to fix every issue known to man. Too bad he does not work for Windows haha. Anyway, I would agree with you that having an out os countrt tech support line does not help. I have called them before and cannot make out a word they say.

I have had excellent support. In fact, I have a "running case number" that effectively gives me free support indefinitely. As long as I keep that case number I'm good to go.

The techs I have spoken to have all been very knowledgeable. I will say this much, if somebody does not know what a 478 CPU is they do not need to be there. They should be reported because they will inevitably cause somebody either A. Major data loss or B. Something permanently screwed up.

Working for Microsoft is very competitive, and if they have a bad apple there are many people who are qualified to take their place. Microsoft will not miss them if they are that clueless.

Back