• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD Ripping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JetEngineMech

I have a DVD (that I own legally) that I would like to rip a chapter off of and make it a free-standing file on my hard drive. It's actually a Family Guy DVD and I would like to separate the episodes so that I can put them on a flash drive, one at a time. Any ideas on how to do this? Also, is there a way to convert it to MPEG?
Thanks for the help.

You would need a program to get past the security stuff. We are not allowed to discuss where to get them or about them on the forums however.

Really? I dont remember the mods ever getting mad at this before, then again I can barely remember where I am at. DvdShrink should be able to do this, I believe it shows you each chapter, as for conversion no idea, I believe nero may be able to. Other then tha I have seen many in google. Though no names are coming to mind.

Google DVD decrypter. Plenty of mirrors exist even though some stupid movie company decided to prod Lightning_UK and he folded.

Use the IFO mode to read the .ifo files on the disc and it will give you a list of "VTS" options on the input tab with subitems. Typically there will be a few short ones at each end of the list and then say 42 minute PGCs that correspond to the episodes. In the "settings->IFO mode" deselect segmentation of the output files so you will then just end up with a massive .VOB that corresponds to your episode. Hit the rip button and the PGC selected will be extracted as one file.

www.doom9.org

dvd shrink or dvd decrypter will help you back up/copy your dvd's whether you rip em to your hd first or just do a straight rip from the dvd itself....

i use both and they never fail

Back