• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zip Zoom Fly problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcollins82

My brother ordered some stuff from their site and they sent him an email confirming that everything was packed. Then, he recieved an email saying that one of the three items has been back ordered. And the ordered has been in the packed stage since Wednesday and it still hasn't shipped.

I've heard other people have this problem with them before. I've ordered from them once before and I had no troubles with them. And since then, I've recommended them to at least two good friends. This is egg on my face.

I know many people say that ZZF is one of the best online dealers, and most people put them just behind Newegg. But I also know of a few people who have said that they will never do business with them again.

I'm not saying that ZZF is or has been a bad vendor for me but I want to be able to recommend a company without having to worry about who's handling the order. This situation also makes me wonder if any of the other problems I've heard people have with ZZF are going to surface, like less than trouble free RMA and customer service, and poor packaging.

I guess I just want to know of any of your problems with ZZF and how it all played out for you in the end.

I'd like to know whether I'm just getting riled up over nothing, or if I have to quell this problem before it goes any further.

They did the same thing to me once... but the parts were packaged well. All I can say is that you are going to have to wait it out.

Call them, email them, nag them, etc.

Thats what my friend had to do.

I stick with newegg.

Everyone loves free 2nd day shipping. ZZF and newegg prices are almost the same, except ZZF has free shipping on almost everything, that makes some of ZZF cheaper then newegg.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396436

And my reply in that thread:
I too had problems with ZZF. I ordered a few 10k and 15k SCSI drives for a server project (over $5000 worth of stuff) on a Tuesday. I received a shipped confirmation and tracking number a week later, due to the fact I had pay through an Electronic Check. That was fine with me, as I was warned that a Credit Card payment is much faster than a E-Check and would take a week to process. Then I waited another week... and no hard drives showed up.

I first check my tracking number (as I was busy the whole week and I had not checked the tracking number)... and it says it was an invalid number. I call up UPS, and they tell me it is a legit number, but it meant that the item had not left the ZZF's warehouse. I called up ZZF, and they told me they had no idea where my order was.

That's not very comforting to me... and somehow I kept my cool during the whole thing; I just told them I want them here ASAP. They overnighted the package and I was greeted with it the next day.

Nice try with a overnight save, but they had already dropped the ball IMO. I needed the drives a 3 days before I finally got them. I will not recommend ZZF to anyone because of that fiasco.

dark_15 said:

So once you called they rectified the situation immediately and overnighted it to you. Seems like you have a little blame too for not calling before you needed them. We all know things happen especially with these high volume resellers. The best bet is to call the second you even have a hint at some kind of problem and get things back on track. These companies go out of there way to make the customer happy and to do what they can to resolve issues that come up. If you have to make sure they know that there is an issue then so be it because that is just a part of life.

Kendan said:
So once you called they rectified the situation immediately and overnighted it to you. Seems like you have a little blame too for not calling before you needed them. We all know things happen especially with these high volume resellers. The best bet is to call the second you even have a hint at some kind of problem and get things back on track. These companies go out of there way to make the customer happy and to do what they can to resolve issues that come up. If you have to make sure they know that there is an issue then so be it because that is just a part of life.
Yes they did; after telling me they had no idea where my parts were. That does not bode well with me as I spent $5,000 on their site alone. I ordered parts from 4 other companies for that one project alone - ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 in price; all but ZZF gave me excellent service and delivered my products either on time or early. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled... but I doubt it as all the other companies delivered when promised. Now other people may have better luck with them... and that's fine for them. I didn't, and prospect of losing $5,000 due to a company not knowing where they put my order is less than comforting to me. I will not order from ZZF again.

dark_15 said:
Yes they did; after telling me they had no idea where my parts were. That does not bode well with me as I spent $5,000 on their site alone. I ordered parts from 4 other companies for that one project alone - ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 in price; all but ZZF gave me excellent service and delivered my products either on time or early. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled... but I doubt it as all the other companies delivered when promised. Now other people may have better luck with them... and that's fine for them. I didn't, and prospect of losing $5,000 due to a company not knowing where they put my order is less than comforting to me. I will not order from ZZF again.

That is funny. It does not bode well to you that once aware of the problem they rectified it to the best of their ability. I truly hope you never do business with a company that wont answer the phone or respond to email. To me the best way to judge an online reseller is how they handle things when they go wrong. Things go wrong with every company and if you mark of all the ones as they go bad you will be ordering from no one sooner or later. Good luck to finding that company that never has a problem and I hope when that company does have a problem they handle it as well as ZZF handled this one you are complaining about.

dark_15 with an order of your magnitude it would have been in your best intrest to be talking to a ZZF rep before and during your order so that you could be sure they could handle the time sensative material and everything, if i was putting in such an order with such a relatively close deadline i would definately check in with the reseller first. 5000$ was a heafty order imo and i believe they would have gladly assisted you from the get go, but i also feel that the way they handled the problem was excellent and the best they could have possibly did. I have had to RMA both a video card and a stick of bad ram back to them and both times it felt sluggish and slow but i can't compare RMA times..... all i can say is that i was anxious to have my new card.

i hate zzf and truly will never order from there again. they give you free 2nd day shipping but they mean they ship it out the 2nd day after its been packed.......

gets old when you order something on monday afternoon and by friday still dont have the item imho. why offer free 2nd day shipping and make someone wait a week?

I've had excellant service from them, 5 orders so far including mobos, cpus drives, memory upgrades, OS. I guess sooner or later someone get bumped. Do stay away from Spartan and Progress (same place) they have a tendency to not ship for weeks. I used to order from Spartan(always delivered), built 2 complete systems from them that are still running today.

They said the amd 4400 i ordered was instock monday, placed the order exoecting to get it yesterday or today. Turns out it was backordered, I canceled and ordered it from Mwave for $75 less and mwave called me on the phone to tell me that it shipped out today. Thats is service.

Kendan said:
That is funny. It does not bode well to you that once aware of the problem they rectified it to the best of their ability. I truly hope you never do business with a company that wont answer the phone or respond to email. To me the best way to judge an online reseller is how they handle things when they go wrong. Things go wrong with every company and if you mark of all the ones as they go bad you will be ordering from no one sooner or later. Good luck to finding that company that never has a problem and I hope when that company does have a problem they handle it as well as ZZF handled this one you are complaining about.
When the problem is that you can't do your job effectively, obsessing over exactly how people hold you accountable is quite beside the point. Being unable to locate a $5000 order is a serious shortcoming, and if it were my money (or my employer's, heaven forbid), while I would be thankful that the problem was (finally) corrected, it just might affect the prospects of doing future business with them. Just as I have my opinion and conduct my affairs accordingly, so does dark_15. Perhaps you could allow him that.

larva said:
When the problem is that you can't do your job effectively, obsessing over exactly how people hold you accountable is quite beside the point. Being unable to locate a $5000 order is a serious shortcoming, and if it were my money (or my employer's, heaven forbid), while I would be thankful that the problem was (finally) corrected, it just might affect the prospects of doing future business with them. Just as I have my opinion and conduct my affairs accordingly, so does dark_15. Perhaps you could allow him that.

In Dark_15's situation From what was posted it could have been a ZZF or a Shipping company goof. It is hard to tell which is at fault. So if you are going to hold one to the fire you might as well hold both from your perspective. It would have been rectified a lot sooner if he had checked the tracking number a week earlier so it really is hard to hold that week against them since the rectified immediately after being made aware of the problem. I do agree that he can hold whatever kind of feeling or backlash against the company that he wants and can act accordingly. I know people who have ditched company after company on a lot less. My point was that There are companies out there where it would definitely be there fault and you would have a hard time reaching them by phone or getting an answer to your emails.

Back