• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help - msn lock out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{ace of spades}

Disabled
I need my Hotmail and msn a lot, infact im lost without it. In the last few days i get a message "You have been locked out, someone has tried to log onto your account with the wrong password too many times". I have to reset my password EVERYTIME i want to get onto either (this has been going on for the last week). Please help me, it cant go on and i have so many different people and companys emailing me on this one that i dont want to change.

Any help you can give would be great.

erm hotmails biggest problem is the fact its so easy to get into a hotmail account via the 'secret question' area. Have you changed your answer to the secret question? you might find either someone you know or a stranger just randomly guessed your secret question answer. This is normally pretty easy to do because people ofter use questions such as favourite football team. At a guess i would say the answer to this could be Arsenal or Chelsea. If someone gets in your account password is wiped and they get to choose a new password. If they havent got in and are just trying then i would change the secret question to a line of abuse stating that you are aware your account is subject to attack and you have reported the problem to hotmail for ip logging (or something to that affect). Im sure the person trying will get scared and move on to robbing pensioners or something.

- Marls.

Back