• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paypal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miralcos

I have been using paypal for a couple years now. For the longest time when I send someone money, they have it almost instantly. I have the money drawn from my checking account at my bank.
For some strange reason the last couple of deals I've made, the money is held up and the transaction is called an "e-check".
From what I can tell, it takes a week to clear an e-check.
Is this the way it is supposed to work? I've changed nothing in the way I send money. Why would it all of the sudden start doing this?
I've searched all over the paypal site and can't find one single thing about it.
If y'all have some insight as to how and why this works, please jump in here and tell me.

Thanks for reading my little rant I guess you could call it.

Mir

echecks take 3-4 days to clear, if you only have a checking account you must wait. if you have a back-up funding source (credit card) it goes through instantly.

Well, I have a credit card listed with them. I don't use it to send money though.
Is there a way to set it up that way? I've never changed anything with my account so why would it start doing it this way all of the sudden?

crimedog said:
echecks take 3-4 days to clear, if you only have a checking account you must wait. if you have a back-up funding source (credit card) it goes through instantly.

It should be noted it takes 3-4 business days, so in reality it could take up to a week depending on the day the deal fell upon.

err paypal they make ebay sellers accept all payments now. we can't say that we only accept a certain method.

adriana said:
err paypal they make ebay sellers accept all payments now. we can't say that we only accept a certain method.
be more specific. all methods that paypal supports. like credit cards, funds, bank transfers, and echeck. you don't have to support personal checks, money orders, etc.etc.

I use paypal a bit and I don't have a credit card listed with them. I did have my account verified, However I don't know how much of a difference that makes. Anyway, I still get quick processing on my payments. I used paypal to purchase 68gt from Newegg about 10 days ago and I ordered the Zalman 77cu this morning from Jab-tech. Both orders processed and shipped as normal per those vendors. Btw, As usual Jab-tech was stellar. Had my USPS priority tracking number at 10 am. :thup:

Back