• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia x64 chipset driver BS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deaks2

Registered
Is anyone else annoyed at Nvidia just about dropping support for the Nf3 under Win XP x64?

The Nf4 has a nice new WHQL driver (V6.66), however all previous chipsets have a beta driver (v6.25) that loses data on S-ATA RAID setups...

I was ready to install x64 this weekend since my system was a little creaky, however even though I have everything else I need (even Bluetooth drivers) Nvidia can't be bothered to update their Unified nForce driver since last September... Hell, even VIA has a final x64 chipset driver...

Anyone else in the same boat as me? What about all those workstations built with Nf3 derivatives which would benefit from a move to x64, are they SOL too?

I'm sort of the same boat as you. I'm running a NF3 chipset, x64, beta drivers 6.25. I can't comment on the SATA RAID data loss though. Shoot nvidia an email and see what their reply is.

no way to contact them ?? there is a telephone and plenty of addresses...

or are you just talking email ?

I was refering to email. ATI has a direct email line to their driver team, meanwhile Nvidia, leader in PC graphics, does not list an email addy to contact them with...

I will try [email protected] and see if that works...

On other forums people are posting that they can use the Nf4 driver set on the Nf3, however you end up using the MS-provided GART driver since of couse the Nf4 does not support AGP...

Later this week I will setup a dualboot and see if that solution works...

Yes, I noticed that a while ago. They only offer support for those who purchase NVDVD (and therefore have a Customer Support ID) from them, you know, the software package which unlocks the video processing engine in the GF6-series...

ewww sorry about that one .. i didnt notice that ...

but i guess you could write a letter still and be sure to ask if they have or will have a email support system for drivers ..or just break down and call them ..

not free but its a start .. maybe you can find somebody in that same town and have them call for you .. it is truly better than nothing ..

im sure sooner or later they will release one .. some times it takes longer.. the others are probably more "in demand" .... hard to say .. sometimes it just takes long time ..

Back