• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tamz273

Registered
Hey guys
I ordered an IC7-G MAX II off newegg about 7 months ago. Ever since its done me good until last night.

I got home and my PC was off, i pushed the power button to turn it back on, nothing happened. It was dead. I assumed it was the CPU, so i changed that with another PC i have at home, no luck. I tried changing all the cards i have, and the ram, the PC still wouldnt power up. I took an old mobo i had lying around (Intel 865PERL) and plugged EVERYTHING into it, it booted fine. Im assuming its the motherboard.

Any ideas before i ship it back to newegg? :shrug:

We need some system specs, bud! Were you o/ced? What did you have running? Have you looked at your board to see if any components are fried? Tell us more!

hey guys,
yeh, i was OC'd and running at 223fsb, i ran a prime95 for 30 minz and i had no errors. I have an intel 3.2 that was OC'd. I scanned my board over and over to look for mess-ups on the board, brown stains or watever, cudnt find anythnig at all...

as for resetting the CMOS, i tried putting the jumpers in 2-3 and turning on, it wudnt turn on. Then i put the jumpers back in 1-2 and still not running.

help...?

edit:
wen i plug in the power cord in the back of the case, the small green LED on the mobo DOES light up...

Last edited:
Pay particular attention to the mosfets. it's possible one could have burned up. Was this a Prescott? If so they can really get those mosfets hot and many people sink them to keep them cool.

It's also possible that the CPU could have died, though I seriously doubt that unless it overheated. What cooling?

Another thing you might want to do is to remove it from the case and try to botto with the minimum number of componets it takes to get it to POST, and then go from there adding a coponent at a time.

If it will not boot with minimal components, then a baord RMA would be in order. If the board is deemed good, then it could be the CPU, but as I said I highly doubt that. You just wwre not pushing it that hard.

Back