• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair DDR500 RAM, good overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H4Z4RD0US

www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145550

I am going to be overclocking my rig, with my DFI lanparty SLI-DR mobo. OcZ powerstream 520W, (or just a PSU with alot of ampage on the 12v rail) and an X2 4800+. I was wondering how this ram would be an overclocking, its 275 MHz, itll take me to 275 FSB at 1:1, and good timings too, but I was wondering if stablity was an issue, since its DDR 500, and mobos say they support DDR 400. or if anyone recommends any better ram than this . any info would be appreciated, especailly by someone who has had some experience with the product. I was also wondering if I can overclock my rig good, like from 2.4 to 2.7+ with my thermalright XP 120, and 115 CFM 120mm fan. and a nice case airflow, hardware. etc.

How is it better? the corsair has a better overclocking capability, because its DDR 550. The OCZ has lower timings, but Im looking for a good overclocker

Rattle said:

Yeah, UTT RAM will work out better for you since you are getting DFI NF4 board and especially with that X2 which have one of the best memory controllers. I would also suggest that you take a look at Mushkin Redlines and new G-Skill UTT's that windwithme reviewed.

Beware

Since these are UTT based chips they will require lot more voltages then TCCD/TCC5 in order to hit higher frequencies so you should think about active cooling them if you want them to last. Also if you are new to OC'ing game then you might want to stick with TCCD/TCC5's untill you gain some background, cause overvolting will not only kill your RAM but it could damage your board and CPU as well.

Back