• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2 Deluxe + RAID10 NIGHTMARE!!! Help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Okay

Brand new out of the box are ALL parts... Hitachi SATAII 160Gb drives, Transcend (Samsung) DDR2 PC533 (2 x 1Gig sticks), ATI 550 PCI-E card, Sony DRD-RW, 3.4cpu with stock cooler, WinXP-Pro.

Gone into the BIOS and set it up according to the book as I read it. Hit Ctrl+I and set up RAID10 using all 4 disks. Boot to the CD and all seems well until it reboots and does the splash-screen, then tells you it has 39mins to go, etc.

After a few minutes, it tells me that it cannot load a whole heap of drivers, beginning with the video driver, then the mouse, then etc, etc, etc. After clicking through all thesecomes up with one of two variations of BSOD...

A problem has been detected etc

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP: 0x0000007a (0xE10433D4, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8E5986, 0x4F21C860)

win32k.sys - Address BF8E5986 base at BF800000, Datestamp 3d6de5e5

Beginning dump of etc.

I didn't write the 2nd BSOD detail down, but it was similar I think.

I have tried to do this about 5 times now... each time with the same result.

When I check the RAID10 array after the reboot, I find that in the top screen (where it shows the array), it's status is 'degraded'.

In the bottom portion, where it shows the indivifual drives...the top two drives have a status of 'Error Occurred'

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
YIPPEEEE!!!

All sorted by a simple check of the Intel site, and downloading their latest driver for the ICH7R.

Ohh the relief!

Back