• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACPI.sys winxp boot error at 2.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok a long term goal of mine is to get my 2400+ running truly at 2.4Ghz with atleast a 400FSB....well....i can get a 440FSB but i cant get 2.4Ghz and finally today i got windows to give me the reason why...

i tryed it again with my comp running 220x11 w/ 1.975V posts fine temps in the low 40's after being run all day at 220x10.5 (~2.3Ghz) at the same voltage and i come to windows....first boot doesent work, blakc screen, reset hit f8 and i get the menu for windows and try the old las known good config trick and it pop up something about an issue that ACPI.sys may be missing/corrupt how do i fix this?

i the voltage is plenty, the com runs fine at 220x10.5 with 1.800V...so i am assuming its a windows issue

Try loading either "Optimized Defaults" or "Failsafe Defaults" in the BIOS (the "Defaults" setting name may be called something different...maybe something like "Load Factory Defaults"). Afterwards, change only what BIOS settings are absolutely necessary for Windows to load and still recognize all of your hardware...memory timings (DRAM Timing by SPD) should be set to "By SPD", "CPU Core Voltage" should be set to "Auto", "AGP/PCI Frequency" should be locked at 66/33, etc.

Back