• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS SATA Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h33b

Hi guys, I am new to the overclocking community, and I have a bit of a problem. I've been looking up tutorials for overclocking and I decided to try it. I have an ECS 865PE-A motherboard (BIOS date is 02-03-05) and a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT Processor, 1GB of Dual Channel DDR Ram, two disc drives, and a serial ATA Hard Drive. When I go into the BIOS to adjust my FSB speed, it tells me I can enter any number between 200 and 250. When I enter any value of 203 or above, my SATA drive completely disappears. The computer will reboot when I save, and the processor accepts whatever I set the FSB to, and any IDE drives show up and work correctly. Does anyone have an idea why my SATA drive goes away? I would love to try and get my 3.0 to 3.2 or higher, but as of right now the most I can get is 3.07 or so.

Back