• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antodeco

hey all,
hopefully some1 can help. I have 2 accounts on my pc. 1 guest, 1 admin. Ive forgotten the admin password, so im fairly screwed! Is there anyway of resetting it, or getting it back? I have no floppy drive, no cd burner, so I cant even make a startup disk. Any help on this would be so greatly appreciated. I cant install anything or change anything! im too dumb..

LOL this'll prove difficult.. or not.
Start up in safe mode. Click on the top account, should be admin or something simular. It wont req a psw unless you;ve done this before. Go into it, create a new account in that account with admin privilages. After this shutdown. boot up normally. You should see your new account with the privalages.

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

this might help... i have used his program on MANY occations
and it has proven to work every time :)

what it does is that it boots from a disk och cd and with a special
made linux distrubution that allowes you to change / remove the
passwords from all users of your computer.

greetings from sweden.

thanks for that riseabove. Unfortunatley, i have no floppy drive or cd burner, so I cant get into dos, or make a startup disk :bang head

He did not say he didn't have a cd drive . He said he does not have a burner or a floppy. Go burn the disk at a friends house. www.ultimatebootcd.com is a bootable cd that includes the ntpassword utility already mentioned in this thread. Download it at your friends house and burn it to cd.

hey guys, thanks all for your help. ill give it a try and let you all know!
thanks again

Kendan said:
He did not say he didn't have a cd drive . He said he does not have a burner or a floppy. Go burn the disk at a friends house. www.ultimatebootcd.com is a bootable cd that includes the ntpassword utility already mentioned in this thread. Download it at your friends house and burn it to cd.

I didn't read carefully. Boy, I feel like a turd in the punch bowl. Seriously though, aren't then finding CD Roms in the fossil record nowadays? :p

i might have a simple solution.

when u boot up and you get to the blue screen where u can decide if you want the guest or admin press ctrl alt delete, then a little screen will come up, delete everything out of the login name and press enter, you will boot into your pc. <3

Back