• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Server 03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeepgc04

Registered
I tried one of those uxtheme.dll patches ( :bang head ) I know I should just leave the OS alone. But it didn't work. Now when I goto the right click properties and then Appearance Tab, i keep getting this error:

rundll32.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x00000110" referenced memory at "0x00000110". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program

I tried even replace in safe mode the patched dll for my original that I backed up. Nothing works anyone got any ideas?

I in safe mode as well adaware and spybot scanned with nothing found and did a full on AV scan with the newest Norton and found nothing either.

:shrug:

help please.

thanks in advance

Try running the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) tool from the command prompt ...Start | Run | Type cmd, and click OK | At the prompt type sfc /scannow, and hit ENTER.
System File Checker gives an administrator the ability to scan all protected files to verify their versions. If System File Checker discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the cache folder (%Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache) or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file. System File Checker also checks and repopulates the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run System File Checker. If the cache folder becomes damaged or unusable, you can use the sfc /scannow, the sfc /scanonce, or the sfc /scanboot commands to repair its contents.
The above quote is taken from the following MSKB article...

Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747

...or try this: Start | Run | Type msconfig, and click OK | In the System Configuration Utility-->"General" tab | "Expand file" button | Extract a copy of uxtheme.dll from your install CD and place it in the %windir%\System32 folder.

In the future you may want to give this one a "go".
http://sala.pri.ee/Win2003v145.exe
I have personally had it running on a 03 server for over a year and had no problems.

I see two sides to this. I would almost never run just about any optimizer in a production server. I only have it running on a testing server (although it is a domain controller for this test domain). But it is fun to tweak OSs to you cosmetic appeal.

Yes!!

Thanks Snafumaster, that little proggy did it. No more problems. Pretty sweet to. I like all the otions.

thanks again all.

:)

Back