• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SPEED FAN! yays!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Wow I have always used MBM, but this time I tried out speedfan and I love it!

I have just one question that I have not been able to find in the help, what exactly does the automatic fan speed option do? I assumed that it regulates my fan speeds automatically. I didn't think this was something I could do. I also tried decreasing the speed 1 and speed 2 and it did nothing to my fan speeds. What exactly do these all do? Thanks. :)

@md0Cer said:
Wow I have always used MBM, but this time I tried out speedfan and I love it!

I have just one question that I have not been able to find in the help, what exactly does the automatic fan speed option do? I assumed that it regulates my fan speeds automatically. I didn't think this was something I could do. I also tried decreasing the speed 1 and speed 2 and it did nothing to my fan speeds. What exactly do these all do? Thanks. :)

Auto speedfan, I'm not sure never tried it. Regarding the fan speed it allows you to do just that, adjust them...mine worked with no problem. Not sure what the problem could be :shrug:

Nexus Realized said:
Auto speedfan, I'm not sure never tried it. Regarding the fan speed it allows you to do just that, adjust them...mine worked with no problem. Not sure what the problem could be :shrug:

Hmm. My fans already have a rheostat plugged into them I am guessing that might be part of it because they may regulate the voltage, but I don't think so.

A rehostat should bassically just add resistance, so by turning it down in the program, it would turn down the current to those fan headers, in which my rheostat would still be adding resistance at the same rate as before so it wouldn't matter.

I do have an older cheap model motherboard, it may not have that capability built in to the hardware monitoring chip.

Interesting, my Winbond W83697HF hardware monitor chip should be able to change fan speeds. I will have to read up more on this.

@md0Cer said:
Interesting, my Winbond W83697HF hardware monitor chip should be able to change fan speeds. I will have to read up more on this.

Plug the fans directly into the motherboard. It should regulate fine.

They are plugged directly into the motherboard. :(

Shard, it depends however mine is 1. Usually the highest one when you first turn on your system is the CPU die. :)

I am going to bump this in hopes that something might come out of it. I still cannot regulate my fans and my hardware monitoring chip *should* support it according to the specs. Anyway, thanks for all the help so far!

Back