• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2T/1T? Whats it all about?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mercenary

Registered
Howdy guys, first off sorry if this has been brought up before but i've had a look around and cant see anything. If someone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.
My problem is this, i've just bought some ram...1gig of Corsair xms platinum pro to be exact (pc3200) at 2.2.2.5. Now when I boot my pc up it shows those timings but it says in brackets afterwards (2T timings)...i know that 2T isn't as good as 1T but I cant for the life of my figure out how to change it to 1T. I dont know much about RAM to be honest and was looking for some help. My motherboard is the Neo 2 Plat version 1.8 bios. Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance

A stressed out n00bie ocer :bang head

Ok, first go into the BIOS, then into the "Cell Menu" and its the setting called DRAM config (or something to that effect) and its on the top, it will say AUTO by default, change it to 1T and your set to go.

Section 3-23 of the manual shows the options for Dram Configuration, just as Osirus posted above. The first one "auto" is for the ram frequencies/dividers, not "fsb speed". The very next one reads "1T/2T Memory Timing". Make your selection from the available choices.

The HTT (not really a fsb on A64 although the term is still used, even by MSI in this very same BIOS) is set further down in the Cell Menu under "Adjust CPU FSB Frequency".

Hope that clarifies it for you.

By the way, the "1T/2T" refers to Command Per Clock and if you search for that term in conjunction with A64 you should be able to find info on it. Enabled is 1T and disabled is 2T and yes it affects performance. It takes anywhere from 20-40 MHz additional memory speed (depending on ram and timings) to offset the swith from 1T to 2T.

I've looked in my bios again and unlike the motherboard manual I have no 1T/2T option in my Cell Menu. All I have is... Max Memclock, Cas# latency, Ras to Cas# delay, Min Ras# active time, Row precharge Time. Thats all i've ever had with this motherboard, not just since i got the new bios? Am I missing something and being a total noob here or what?
Thanks Guys.

AFAIK, 1t/2t is not available on the neo2, bios 1.8, when running a san diego core cpu. I think they fixed that with the 1.98b bios. You should try post in the motherboard/MSI sub forum cuz I can't tell you if that beta bios is good/bad.

Back