• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to my Norton AV? Getting security alerts all the time now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BPM

Since I installed NAV almost a year ago, I had it set to NOT monitor in real time except e-mail, but to perform a full system scan every other day.

This was never a problem, until a few days ago, probably the last time I updated it.

I'm getting these insanely annoying "Security Alert" messages stating the obvious, that I have real-time monitoring disabled. I've searched everywhere and I can't find a setting to turn these off. Any ideas? Here's the message that pops up every 10 seconds:

norton.jpg

Checking the box makes absolutely no difference in the behavior of this dialog.

SymWMI Service -
Startup Type: Automatic

This is what the settings were when I went into Services.msc and I'm still getting the popup messages.

Why not run On Access? It will catch an hopefully repair or remove an infection immediately and alert you. If you wait for the daily scan if the virus is present it has had free roam so to speak of your system until the scan runs. Not good if you ask me.

Back