• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drwtsn32.exe causing odd problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
So I have a folder of car videos mostly, as well as a couple movies, and until about...now, I have had zero problems viewing the folder, as well as opening the video files.

But tonight when I get home, I open the folder, and it freezes explorer.exe, and then two or three processes of drwtsn32.exe show up in task manager.

I went to microsofts KB page on the program, and its some kind of error reporting program which was carried over from older versions of windows. Now everytime I open the folder (the only one I have found thus far), it crashes windows and gives me an error message.

"explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. please restart the program. Error log is being created"

I can post the error log if you want me to, but it makes absolutely no sense to me...

thanks

nevermind. I installed the new version of the defiler codec pack last night, and havnt used my computer since. so there must be a bug somewhere in there that is screwing with my comp.

oh well, crisis overted

would help if you gave us what version of windows, and the exact error message that is occuring

nevermind you beat me to the post

Back