• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

384 MB? I only have 256...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Great Inert

Registered
Good evening, all...

This completely baffles me. I just installed a 128 MB module in my system here, which had 128 already installed. That should, if my third grade math is correct, equal 256 MB. Indeed, when I check Windows (right-click My Computer, Properties, etc.) and Everest HOME, it reports that my system has 256 MB. CPUZ, oddly, reports that I have 384... 128 in one bank and 256 in the bank I installed the new module in. I just read one post where CPUZ told someone they had 192 when they knew they had 256, attributed to their integrated graphics adapter. Any ideas as to why CPUZ would tell me I have more memory than I actually have? My thanks in advance for your replies. :)

Do you have onboard video? If so, maybe it has its own RAM which CPUZ is detecting? Grasping thin air here. :shrug: Its more likely to be virtual memory though.

definitely one or the other, either you have 378 w/ 128mb dedicated memory for video or 128mb of virtual memory setup.

Back