• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got my BH-6 to 1.5-2-2-2 @ 240mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I got my Mushkin BH-6 to do 1.5-2-2-2 using the BIOS, which means I booted into windows at those timings. It's using 3.2v Running it at 240mhz with those timings wasn't too stable, so I backed it down to 230mhz. Here is the CPU-Z Verification link. I'll get a CPU-Z verification of the 240mhz next time I restart. What does everyone think? Any tips for me so I could make the 240mhz more stable? I don't know much how to tweak my ram beyond the basics like Cas, Tras, TRCD, ect. Thanks.

Edit: Here is the 240mhz validation link.

Last edited:
Thats pretty awesome! I've always found the 1.5 CAS timing plain sexy :cool:

Now u just need to see if it's stable

OT: sexy backround for ur desktop

Thanks. :) It goes with my theme. 230mhz is stable in all of my games so far 235 made programs error after a while and 240mhz crashed windows after an hour or so. If I had more voltage I could make it stable. I'm thinking about taking the ramsinks off because I dont think that they really help too much. I suspect that it just insulates heat.

Well played, good sir. Yeah, CAS 1.5 is pretty cool looking, but like eldonko said, it doesn't do much.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, assuming it's within reason price wise. Very impressive dude, I'd say you did about everthing you could, though I'm no expert by any means. Personally I'd leave it at 230, 240 won't yeild any real noticeable performance gains anyway. But I suppose if you want to break a record than chug away. I take it no ram can hit 1-2-2-2 yet then? Now that would be incredable.

I don't personally recommend to use Tras any lower than 5 cause there's no effect in performance anyway, and it just may corrupt your hd data. Nothing else.

And what comes to that CAS 1.5, well, A64's memory controller gives no support for it and because of that, it doesn't work even if you got the option in your bios and if you set your CAS to 1.5 it doesn't work. Read more here.

And what comes to those other timings you have there, hmm :rolleyes: You'd really have to tighten them man :)

Cas1.5 maybe reserved but it does yeild some performance boost compared to cas2 in certain things that memory bandwidth is important IE 3dmark01, Sandra, and Superpi.

Also BH-6 is BH-5's larger Die size cousin so the only real difference is BH-6 takes more volts to get higher, but people have pulled 300mhz suicide shots out of this ram.

Finally I would say this is about average BH-6 overclocks mine does 235 screenshot stable with 3.2v and a chip that absolutely hates running FSBs over 220

speed bump said:
Also BH-6 is BH-5's larger Die size cousin so the only real difference is BH-6 takes more volts to get higher, but people have pulled 300mhz suicide shots out of this ram.

I thought BH-6 was 6ns ram while BH-5 was 5ns...is that what you mean by larger die size??

I thought BH-6 was 6ns ram while BH-5 was 5ns...is that what you mean by larger die size??

I have heard conflicting information about this. I have been told by OCZ's people that BH-6 is the same IC as BH-5, the only difference being that they are ICs which failed post-fabrication standardized testing to make it into the "BH-5 quality" bin.

In other words, BH-6 and BH-7 are 'failed' BH-5 modules. I have also been told, by different people, that the very die size is different and the two are different ICs.

I believe the OCZ guys.

Zebbo said:
I don't personally recommend to use Tras any lower than 5 cause there's no effect in performance anyway, and it just may corrupt your hd data. Nothing else.

And what comes to that CAS 1.5, well, A64's memory controller gives no support for it and because of that, it doesn't work even if you got the option in your bios and if you set your CAS to 1.5 it doesn't work. Read more here.

And what comes to those other timings you have there, hmm :rolleyes: You'd really have to tighten them man :)

Actually, windows is a hell of alot snappier when I use 2 instead of 5. Programs open faster with less disk access it feels like. There used to be like a 1/4 or 1/2 second delay until my computer or an explorer window would open, but when I switch it to 2, it's instant.

Also, 240mhz seems to be the max clock speed my ram will go with 3.2v. I'm planning on taking off the heat spreaders and throwing a fan on to see if I can get a couple extra mhz. 2400mhz is my cpu's limit as well. I've gotten to 2.5 but its not exactly stable and yes, I've tried up to 1.75v on the cpu.

felinusz said:
I have heard conflicting information about this. I have been told by OCZ's people that BH-6 is the same IC as BH-5, the only difference being that they are ICs which failed post-fabrication standardized testing to make it into the "BH-5 quality" bin.

In other words, BH-6 and BH-7 are 'failed' BH-5 modules. I have also been told, by different people, that the very die size is different and the two are different ICs.

I believe the OCZ guys.

Hrm, maybe you wanna PM the guys who wrote the stickies at the top then...get them to update the info, cause that thread says that BH-5 is 5ns and BH-6 is 6ns.

You may want to take a look at this.
I used CAS 1.5 and Tras of 0 on that, and did some comparing with SuperPi times. 8M time was a tad slower (about 1 second) than with the timings I use 24/7. About gaming FPS, dunno cause I haven't tried out yet.

apu318, about the other timings I said you should tighten are Trc, Trfc, Trrd, Twr, Twtr and Trtw. Try out something :) I'm sure you will see alot more performance if you do so.

Back