• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.3vdimm on TCC5 to much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Well....Since I cant afford a OCZ DDR Booster any time soon, and my motherboard only supports up to 2.7vdimm, I was wondering if 3.3vdimm for my TCC5 would be to much? I would do the 3.3v rail mod to get that kinda boost. Of course I would apply extra cooling to the RAM. This ram has been tested up to 304fsb...

TCC5 Usually doesn't need that amount of voltage. I've heard of people running at 3.0 and maybe 3.1. For the most part I've heard it's like tccd. It doesn't really like volts.

tccd is very sensitive to voltage, there's gonna be a best voltage for it and i doubt it's 3.3. too much hurts oc just as much as too little.

ive taken mine upto 3.15v and didnt really get much over warm but i have killer airflow in my case.
i think the ocz reps said to me 3.1v should be the max fed to tccd/tcc5
i stopped where i did even tho my ram was still climbing.mine seemed to like voltage also.
but i dont have the guts to feed them 3.3v anytime soon tho.

Actually after reading alot of threads on doing a One Wire 3.3v Rail mod for the vdimm, due to having two sticks of RAM and a 3.3v rail thats being used by the rest of the comptuer, your average voltage in the final product comes out to be 3.0~3.1vdimm pending your PSU's quality, and if you have your rail turned up. This will be good for me because my PSU isnt to bad, and I have it at 3.3v! I'll be trying this this weekend after I get back from a LAN

Are you saying you need to have 3.3v in order to get the ram stable? If you use 3.3v 24/7 don't be surprised if your memory becomes permanently damaged. Although TCC5 memory can take a little more voltage than TCCD it still isn't considered high voltage memory.

I'm pumping 3.2V to my Corsair XL's TCC5's (check my sig/link) in order to do 290MHz stable. Just be sure to active cool them or otherwise they are going to burn :mad:

RedDragonXXX said:
I'm pumping 3.2V to my Corsair XL's TCC5's (check my sig/link) in order to do 290MHz stable. Just be sure to active cool them or otherwise they are going to burn :mad:

Interesting how much voltage people are feeding TCC5 these days. Just out of curiosity how long have you been running the memory with that much voltage and have you checked lately to see if it will still boot up at 2.6v-2.7v?

HousERaT said:
Interesting how much voltage people are feeding TCC5 these days. Just out of curiosity how long have you been running the memory with that much voltage and have you checked lately to see if it will still boot up at 2.6v-2.7v?

I have been running it for the past two months and I doubt that it will work at 2.6V-2.7V since it wouldn't work in the first place when I got this RAM because it needed 2.8V at stock just to boot into Windows without chrasing.

RedDragonXXX said:
I have been running it for the past two months and I doubt that it will work at 2.6V-2.7V since it wouldn't work in the first place when I got this RAM because it needed 2.8V at stock just to boot into Windows without chrasing.
hmmmmmmm.... so they wouldn't run stock speeds out of the box with stock voltage? Interesting..... thanks for the info.

Mine need 0.1+v over the stock voltage to run stable at stock. At 2.7v I can run 250fsb stable. Using a 3.3v mod doesnt mean my precious ram will be getting the full 3.3v, on average about 3.0 ~ 3.1v, if its to high I can always get rid of the mod. I have a 119cfm Panaflo 120mm fan blowing right down on top of them, so cooling shouldnt be to much of an issue. Im seriously considering tryign this though. Desperate :(

Back