• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWEGG Driopping ball

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Not happy I ordered 806.00 in parts and new egg can not seam to even get past step 1 in the first 24 hours ..

First they say your phone number is not same as whats on file with Credit card company..Ha impossible called credit card company and the home number used for new egg is the only number on fille at cc company.

Let new egg know this and 8 huors later still no credit card varifacation.

Funny as a first time buyer at the egg I am disapointed as the other 600.00 I spent at other places are aready shipping and where placed at the same time as new egg...7/18/05 @7 pm.

And after reading the imense amount of posts here about how good the egg is i am becomming a non beleiver.

Thanks AllStarShop and Swiftech for there ability to process the exact info as new egg and get parts shipped today . . Cudios...:)

Thanks for the jason link :)

I prefer cash as well but please tell me where ya get an X2 for 632 In Rochester NY ? >?

The only issue I ever had online was going over a certian amount of one order. I had to call to verify who I was. I was polite and happy this feature was installed into the process. Yeah my butt was painful taking the 10 minutes to verify who I was.. least I know it was me ordering. Take into account, nothing will go perfect 100% of the time. Sorry you are the few who got the anomoly of software. The folks on the other end have to go through. My time will come eventually. How will I react, no telling. My bad times with Newegg were quickly dispached, and resolved where both parties were happy, 50%. The prices are not the best all the time, but I like the customer service. BTW, I rejected the don't ask agian with ZZF(over certain amount). They asked me while I called about a order over thier tolerance.

For Newegg.. They will answer (the phone) real fast and kiss your butt. I alwas feel obligated to be polite to them in return for the professionally trained staff they have. They are actually my first look for shopping. If you know my history, I am a cheapskate, and very discerning.

Lets also add here Price watch had the X2 4400 at 632 ya hit buy now and NewEgg sets ya up at 675.Look today it is 639 hit buy now and ya get 699.

I called yesterday about that and it was close to closing and the woman did all she could to get rid of me,,Call back tommorow she says ,,,Thanks for calling new egg,,,,Dial tone...Thansk for calling ? I am spending 632 on 1 processor are you wacked ? Are you not intrested in that sale ?

And when the customer has called 3 times and still has no conformation about the order and has now lost a day for shipping I call that bad customer service...I am spending a big amount of money...And would think an order of that size woud be welcome and quickly comfirmed and shipped..

Ya people make mistakes but i should not have to go to this much effort to spend 80% of a thousand dollars with any one/...

How can you say newegg is dropping the ball if this is your first order with them?
"dropping the ball", as you say, is claiming that their service has declined since the last time you have dealt with them. Of the hundreds of transactions I have done with the Egg I have never once encountered a problem. It is the verification process with your CC company that is causing part of the problem. Call the CC company and make sure they have your up-to-date phone number.

It's funny how sometimes their process works and other times it doesn't. I placed an order around 1am last week. I needed to make a change and in the time of about 2 minutes, they had already charged my CC. Now I have to wait on a credit.

Ri0 said:
How can you say newegg is dropping the ball if this is your first order with them?
"dropping the ball", as you say, is claiming that their service has declined since the last time you have dealt with them. Of the hundreds of transactions I have done with the Egg I have never once encountered a problem. It is the verification process with your CC company that is causing part of the problem. Call the CC company and make sure they have your up-to-date phone number.

Read the first post..It is not the Credit card company..Any way after having to chase them to spend 806.00 with them, they finally after 4 calls which average a 20 minute wait each got there crap in order and shipped items..

Back