• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very Strange Memory Issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Ok, a friend and I are working on his computer. We belive the powersupply fried and took out the mobo. After replacing both, the PSU with a known good, and the mobo with a new one (Abit NF7-S2), we noticed instability. The system failed memtest86 so we decided to do some more specific tests with memtest86. The results made no sense at all. Mabe one of you guys can help us.
These are our results:

Stick.......Slot.......Results
1............2...........Zero Errors 1 Pass
2............2...........Zero Errors 1 Pass
1............1...........Zero Errors 3 Passes (we got distracted...)
2............1...........Zero Errors 1 Pass
1............3...........FAIL
2............3...........FAIL
KnownGood..3.......Zero Errors 2 Passes (here i tried a stick from my working system)

Also, we have been unable to find any combination of the two sticks that passes memtest86. We suspect some sort of damage occured when the psu was nuked, but these results make no sense.

well one pass doesn't say much, i would let it go for three with each setting, and especially on test 5. what power supply do you have now?

right now we are using a Fortron 350 watt, I pulled it out of my system just last week when i upgraded.

Failures occur on the first pass in two situations. I think replacemnt is the only option since the known good module does not fail within that frame of time.

Back