• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on P5LD2-Deluxe Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paladine

Registered
Anyone have any experience with this relatively new board?

I am just wondering about the RAID setup on this board. The documentation is kind of confusiing.

There are 4 SATA slots and 1 SATA_RAID port (apparently for setting up an array with and external SATA drive ??).

If you were to setup a RAID 0 array (2 drives) on this board, with what I understand, it would require you to hook one drive into the SATA_1 and the other in SATA_2? That make sense?

Thanks in advance

I just built one the other day. I only installed 1 sata hd but from what I've read about the raid setup you can use those two connectors. The trick using those connectors with either a single HD or a raid setup is you have to set the bios with the correct setting and then F6 during XP to install your ITE8211 drivers on your supplied motherboard cd or from ASUS (I used a floppy). That worked for me for single HD but for raid you may need to install other drivers/programs.

Back