• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using P5WD2 PREMIUM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedoc

Guys,

I have just finished my new rig using the P5WD2 PREMIUM, has anyone got a rough guide which settings to use to overclocking, my previous board a p4c800e dlx was a fair bit different, does anyone know about the mem/fsb ratio, at auto is says 3:4, which seems strange, is that really 1:1 for my pc2 5300 ?, i would like to lock this 1:1 to start increasing the fsb

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

First thing is to update the bios to this: 0509

After that I would lock the PCI-E Ratio. Change your memory divider to 1:1, (There are a lot of settings on this board, but yes you can use 1:1).

Not sure what CPU you are using, but this board performs best with high FSB. With that bios I just linked you, you can set the Intel Enhanced Speed Step to *Minimum*. This boot with a 14X multi.

Now all that is left is to crankt he FSB! :) Hope this helps.

Do you knoe which ratio to lock the pci-e to, i have seen people trying different ratio's, also which mem divider is equal to 1:1 i think it is 800 ?

thedoc said:
Do you knoe which ratio to lock the pci-e to, i have seen people trying different ratio's, also which mem divider is equal to 1:1 i think it is 800 ?

The mem divider you want to use for 1:1 is DDR2-667, DDR2-800 is PC-6400.

Your also want to set your memory latencies to their default timings, by going to Advanced>Chipset>Configure DRAM by SPD>Disabled, and then set your timings accordingly, what memory are you using?

balistix tracer pc25300, I just left the mem reation on auto and it went to 1:1 for a fsb of 236 which is just over 4Ghz ;-)

If i stay at that i want to speed the memory up a bit as it was running a slow freq at 236 1:1 than it was a 3:4 at 200, in the bios the options are rated at mem speeds i.e. 400, 533, 667 how do these equate to the ratio's 3:4 for example ?

thanks

Also which does seem strange my mem is rated at 667 (333Mhz) however on auto the mobo is running it at 266 ??

Hey I just built a P5WD2 PREMIUM w/ TV-WIFI, 530J stock cooling, 1GB of OCZ for my cousin. The TV-Wifi package is great. Anyway, What idle/load temps are you getting. In bois the cpu temp is 56-57.5ºC. I heard the bios temps on this MB were 8-10ºC high. I have the newest bios update from the ASUS website. 0422. AI Booster tells me that the temp is 50ºC at Idle. When I run Prime95 the cpu temp in AI Booster jumps to 66-67ºC. It seems that Prime95 doesn't put a full load on this system either. It's not overclock at all and has stock cpu cooling. I also have 5 80mm case fans. +2 PS fans. I was planning on doing a minor overclock for my cousin with stock cooling but i think the temps are currently too high. I'm considering upgrading the cpu heatsink and fan. Any suggestions? what software are you using to put your system under full load?

I am getting 55-56 full load at 4Ghz overclock !, idle about 44, i reckon the mobo is reading high also, i have probes on the cpu clock and are reading about 10 deg cooler. Either way my temps seem great for the 650 which runs failry hot anyway. Based on the board runnig hot i reckon about 10 deg also over actual, can anyone confirm this ?

Heatsink.. the best by far is the SP120 with a 120mm panaflow fan, i running this setup and it is V queit and super cool !.

Back