• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckchippie

Registered
Ok...which DDR memory should I buy? 2 X 256 Corsair XMS2400 or 1 X 512 Crucial 2100? I;ve heard the Crucial can outdo the Corsair? Anyone else have ideas?

Last edited:
Of course the Corsair will whip the Crucial...

but not to say the crucial isn't some great ram for a cheap price :cool:

If you REALLY need performance buy the corsair..

otherwise get the crucial..it's fine for most normal stuff

I will have to agree with Microsoft that my Crucial PC2100 runs a higher fsb than my Corsair. But the Corsair is good memory I wouldn't say it suck though. On my Epox 8K7A+ with Crucial 174fsb with Corsair PC2400 172fsb. For the price the Crucial is better, you can buy 2 sticks of Crucial for the price of one stick of Corsair.

I actually think Corsair and Crucial (or Micron) are very comparable. I had some Corsair PC 133 cas 3 ram that ran the same speed as my Crucial PC 133 cas 2 ram. Benchmarks were pretty much the same.

i was wondering about this same thing a few weeks ago and decided on Crucial. i wanted to wait for their 512 sticks so i emailed them to ask when they'd be out and they replied saying they have no plans to release 512 sticks of PC2100 DDR in the near future. Where did u find the 1 x 512 stick of Crucial cos i can't find it at their site. just interested cos id like some.

Back