• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Craigslist!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally think CL is a waste of time. Think of it like going to a frat party where the guy to girl ratio is 95% to 5%. As soon as a new girl shows up rest assured that all those guys will be on her like flies on honey. Yes sometimes there are good deals on the site, but a majority of it is junk. And if you are fortunate to find a good deal i can guarentee there are 100+ other people who also picked up on it and are trying whatever they can to get it. So in the end it has proven to be a waste of time, unless of course you like to read the rant and raves section, in which case can provide hours of entertainment.

lol good point I don't think I have craiglist here (charleston, wv) but the local classifieds serve the same purpose, almost right?

There is a Craigs List for WV, not town specific though. I don't like it at all. If I want to look at the classifieds, I'll go to OCFORUMS.

craigslist new york is constant,,, and you're right there are a bunch of people waiting for a good deal,,, i believe some companies here hire craigslist watchers, to just sit on the computer and keep refreshing the free section.

but i think its great

i guess its only effective in a big city like NY ,

i've got my LCD screen and laptop on there dirt cheap

Not a bad system, but it's a bit directory based for my taste...feels like yahoo back in '95 but with personals and ebay element.

I got two trinitron-tube 21" crts on Craigslist for $180 total, and both work fine.

None of this can be much of a reflection on Craigslist as a whole, since it's based on individual sellers. It does need to be in a big city to work, and I was in Seattle when I got those ^.

I've had a pretty good experience buying a few items off the /sys director on seattles craiglist. I've had a much better time selling stuff there than on forums or ebay. It's local and unless you get a flake you are 30min from getting your cash. You just have to remember if it sounds too good to be true it is. Lol no money orders from General Mgtabe in West Tanzania right? :)

Back